Commercial Mediation Services

Our commercial mediation services

Our mediators are able to help resolve all manner of business disputes, whether your dispute is between businesses, and businesses and individuals. Examples of the types of disputes we
are able to resolve with commercial mediation include:-

  • Commercial contract disputes between businesses regarding goods and services
  • Professional negligence disputes
  • Disputes between directors and shareholders
  • Partnership disputes
  • Consumer disputes between individuals and businesses
  • Property disputes including disputes relating to rights of way, restrictive covenants, disputes relating to the Party Wall Act
  • Intellectual property disputes
  • Commercial landlord and tenant disputes
  • Defamation disputes
  • Disputes relating to Banking, financial services and insurance
  • Boundary disputes
  • Construction disputes between both businesses and businesses and individuals
  • Disputes regarding legal costs

Commercial mediation Sectors 

With many years of experience in commercial dispute resolution, our mediators have experience in most industry sectors, including:-

  • Agriculture
  • Computers, data and IT
  • Construction
  • Education
  • Energy
  • Consumer Law
  • Healthcare
  • Business Law
  • Financial services
  • Private client
  • Professional negligence claim
  • Professional services
  • Recruitment
  • Residential and commercial landlord and tenant
  • Residential and Commercial Property
  • Telecommunications
  • Utilities
  • Wills and Probate

The mediation process

Regardless of the complexity of a dispute the stages involved in mediation follow a tried and tested process.  With a process in place, our mediators will guide the parties to reach a resolution of their dispute.

The stages of the mediation process include the following:-

  • Choosing a mediator that all parties agree and setting a date and venue for the mediation
  • Preparing for mediation by exchanging information, compiling an agreed bundle of documents and each party preparing their position statements.
  • Speaking to the mediator in the days before the mediation so everyone knows what to expect at the mediation.
  • Attending the mediation with your legal advisor and the opening session with all the parties.
  • Breaking off into separate sessions
  • Fact finding and exploration by the mediator
  • Helping the parties to negotiate a settlement
  • Recording and documenting a settlement

Will mediation be successful?

The Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (“CEDR”) is a leading mediation and alternative dispute resolution body that provides professional services including mediation and the accreditation of the training and accreditation of mediators.

In CEDR’s 2016 survey of its accredited mediators it found that 67% of cases settle on the day of mediation with a further 19% of cases settling shortly after mediation.  That is, an overall settlement rate of around 86% of cases settle either at or shortly after mediation.

What are the advantages of mediation

  • Mediation is a flexible process where the parties are in control
  • Mediation can be arranged quickly.  Often a mediation can be arranged and completed within two weeks
  • Mediation is cost effective and costs much less than Court proceedings
  • The mediation process is confidential and without prejudice
  • If an agreement is reached at mediation the agreement will be recorded as a binding and enforceable agreement
  • Resolution of a dispute made by mediation may allow businesses to maintain a trading relationship

Contact our commercial and civil mediators

To speak to one of our commercial mediators about an internal company dispute or an external business dispute, please feel free to get in touch.  We’re always happy to help discuss your situation and to help set the ball rolling on the mediation process.

Call 0800 63 41 777 or email enquiries@fairleadmediation.co.uk.

Feedback

Gordon set a positive tone and conveyed energy, authority and enthusiasm. He combines warmth, energy and incisiveness to great effect.

Get mediation news and updates

For the latest industry news and thought leadership articles relating to commercial mediation, sign up to receive our newsletter by completing the form below.